The blog that doesn't get updated much.

This started as Europe blog...but now it's just my life...

Monday, October 21, 2019

wild children

For the first few weeks of kindergarten the girls had been having a rough time when we first got home from afterschool. Staring Kindergarten increased the length of our days by about two hours. Our elementary school starts serving breakfast at 8am. At Raleigh Nursery School I'd drop the girls off just before 9am for breakfast. Pick up is about the same but it seems like things take more time at night... And by the time we get done eating dinner, maybe bathing, reading stories, etc... It's 9:30/10pm. It seems impossible to do anything more than that.

The girls and I both lamented the end of their preschool days. 

Audrey is saying how she misses RNS b/c they got to play more.

Zoey has said how she misses stations (the rotation of the play stations, like blocks, housekeeping, etc.)

Last night or this morning they both remarked about how they have to sit still so much more. 

I'm feeling so sad for the end of this for them...

“They caught all the wild children,
and put them in zoos,
They made them do sums
and wear sensible shoes.
They put them to bed
at the wrong time of day,
And made them sit still
when they wanted to play.
They scrubbed them with soap
and they made them eat peas.
They made them behave and
say pardon and please.
They took all their wisdom and wildness away.

That’s why there are none
in the forests today.”

jeanne willis, from ‘wild child’

First day of Elementary School:


First day at Raleigh Nursery School:

Although there is far more sitting still in school (and then at work) I'm really hoping you carry the same conviction as I do for forever being a wild child. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home