Dave in Orlando. Solo Parenting. Day 1
10/15/2019
Dave went to Orlando today (Tuesday) until Sunday.
The morning got off to a rough start... Audrey wanted me to drive them to school but I've been binging on dark chocolate peanut butter cups for too long and need the exercise. I broke the news that we were walking and she shut down on me from that moment until I walked her into school after an excruciatingly long ride to school on her scooter. It was the first day we were this late to school. Luckily they can bring their breakfast to class and she hugged me before I left.
Pickup wasn't much of an improvement. The girls bickered. I drove them home (because I was running late to pick them up. :/) and they didn't want to ride in the van home. They wanted to ride their scooters. Of course you do!
We got in the door. I gave them water and they wanted to go play outside. K, bye! Nobody was home... So we got to work. And we had the best night.
The girls made their eggs.
Zoey made the salad (not pictured). Audrey came into the kitchen and says, "oh Zoey, thank you so much for making a salad."
They ate at the table. Looking like grown ups.
Then we went through their art box... Of which I spent 8+ hours yesterday going through the last year's work of art and pulled my favorites. Tonight we looked at them together and made sure I had names on pictures.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home